The quiz is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 19.
Part A – Matching (Terminology) – 12 marks
- Review the Terminology from Photo & Writing (p.15) and Design & Layout (pp.14-15) from Student Guidebook (Moodle).
Part B – Multiple Choice (Terminology and Concepts) – 8 marks
- Read the readings from Photo & Writing and Design & Layout (Moodle) if you have not done so. Basic concepts will be tested.
Part C – Short Answer (Concepts) – 5 marks
- Answer the review questions below. Use the readings from Photo & Writing and Design & Layout (Moodle) as reference. Some of them will be used on the quiz (as-is).
- Explain three places where you should be able to see the theme of a publication.
- When resizing and placing photos, what are two things you must watch for and why?
- What are two purposes of an eyeline?
- What are the three types of photos each spread should have?
- Why would you want to flip photos, and why might you not want to do so?
- What are the four types of white space in a layout? Describe each of them.
Part D – Spread Analysis (Concepts) – 5 marks
- Complete the Review worksheet. Use the readings from Photo & Writing and Design & Layout (Moodle) as reference. Similar analysis will be applied.