For this assignment, you will select two magazine ads: one effective and the other ineffective. You will then analyze the visual designs of the ads and write a critique essay of 450-500 words. Task:
- Create a new document in the shared folder on Google Docs
- For each ad, answer these questions:
- What is the purpose of the ad? What is it trying to sell? How is it trying to sell the product? Who is the intended audience (i.e. target market)?
- Identify the principles of design that the ad has used. How effective are these principles applied? What would you have done to improve it?
- Overall, why do you think the advertisement is visually ineffective?
Note: You may use either point form or paragraphs in your rough copy. However, your final work will be a 450-500 word essay to be done on a different shared media–to be revealed at a later time.
- Scan or take a photo of the ad. You will need to insert the image and its reference (i.e. bibliography) into your document.