For the first assignment, you will select a quote from a famous person that motivates learning and/or inspires towards success. Your quote will be published on a letter-sized paper, backed by a sheet of construction paper, and be posted on the walls around the classroom for the remainder of the year. You will also need to prepare a 30-second presentation explaining what the quote means and why it is meaningful to you.
- Go to BrainQuote.com.
- Refine by topic and select a school-appropriate quote that motivates learning and/or inspires you towards success. Please no song lyrics. The quote that you select should be unique–something nobody else has.
- Copy and paste the entire quote in a MS Word document. Put quotation marks around the quote and include the author at the end. Example: “Your education is the single most important investment you can make in your future.” –President Obama
- Change the orientation to landscape and then increase the font size so that the quote occupies the majority of page.
- Save your work in My Documents (H:\) as Author by Student Name.docx (e.g. Obama by Mr. Kam.docx) and then drag-and-drop to S:\Handin\Info Tech 10\Quotes. DO NOT SAVE DIRECTLY TO S: Drive.
Evaluation: 5 marks
- Quote (2 marks)
- The selected quote inspires learning and/or drive towards success.
- The quote occupies the entire sheet.
- Oral Presentation (3 marks)
- Student speaks in a professional manner.
- Student explains what the quote means and why it is meaningful.