For some students, the skills that you learn in school such as factoring polynomials may seem irrelevant to real life. In the following clip, Daniel is preparing for a karate tournament but his teacher Mr. Miyagi is getting him to do mundane tasks such as waxing his car, sanding his floor and painting his house. As a result, Daniel gets frustrated and starts an argument with Miyagi. What Daniel does not understand is that Miyagi has actually been training him, even though Daniel does not initially see the point.
For this assignment, you will learn the skills the edit videos in preparation for the major project. The little skills you learn might be tedious similar to waxing the floor but when you put together your skills in the final project later in the term, you will see how much you have progressed!
Tasks for this Assignment:
- Watch the Karate Kid snippet.
- Download the video as a MP4 using a web software of your choice (e.g. ytmp3.cc).
- Use either Movie Maker 10 or Adobe Premier Pro CC to edit the video to 45 to 60 second in length. The video should be edited to highlight the essence of the lesson that Miyagi is trying to teach Daniel. Do not speed up to squeeze everything into 60 seconds. Include a customized title screen with the name of the movie clip and your name.
- Upload the video onto YouTube as an UNLISTED video. These videos can only be accessed by those whom you share the link; they cannot be searched on YouTube.
- Embed the video onto your blog. Only after this step can the teacher mark the assignment.
Both Movie Maker and Premier Pro are rather intuitive to use but they do require some time to learn how to do simple tasks and even more time to add special effects. You may ask your neighbor or watch YouTube tutorials to help you learn and navigate around these programs. You have 4 classes to complete this task.