Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk are all examples of entrepreneurs. But what exactly are entrepreneurs? Why do people become entrepreneurs? What do they have in common?
Tasks: On a sheet of paper, write down what you think the answers are to questions above. Leave some room between each question to add to your responses during group/class discussions.
Assignment: Read the Wikipedia article on Elon Musk and answer the following questions concisely in full sentences. (Possible: 12 marks)
- Which companies is Elon Musk best known for? Name three companies and describe the products it sells for each of them. (3 marks)
- Which universities did Musk attend and what did he study? (2 marks)
- What did Musk promise to the Giving Pledge campaign? What does philanthropy mean? (2 mark)
- How would you describe Musk to your friend? Name at least two personality traits and provide support. (2 marks)
- How does learning about Musk help you become a better entrepreneur? (2 marks)
Save the file as “1-1 Entrepreneur by Student Name.docx” where 1-1 is the block and Student Name is the student’s full name.