Task 1: Watch the following two segments of Dragons’ Den:
- Freetoes: http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/2012/10/freetoes.html
- Ten Tree Apparel: http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/2012/09/ten-tree-apparel-2.html
Task 2: Answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the company? Also describe the product that the company sells.
- How much money is the company asking for? In exchange for how much equity? What is the valuation (i.e. net worth) of the company?
- How does the company differentiate its products from its competitors (i.e. what makes their product better or different than others who sell similar items?)
- What do you like/dislike about this pitch in terms of presentation, valuation, business idea and personnel?
- Imagine that you had $1,000,000 and were approached by the presenter(s). Would you invest in this company? Why or why not?
Task 3: Visit the websites of the companies (optional).