For this assignment, you will modify an unfinished Contact Database so that it does what it is intended to do. This database keeps track of the a list of names. Click on the image below to download the unfinished database.
The eight buttons are not defined and it will be your task to code its intended features.
- First: updates the form so that it displays the first element in the list of names.
- Previous: updates the form so that it displays the previous element in the list; it does not do anything if the current element is the first element.
- Next: updates the form so that it displays the next element in the list; it does not do anything if the current element is the last element.
- Last: updates the form so that it displays the last element in the list (not MAXINDEX).
Save/Add: Single Click: saves changes made to name. Double Click:Single Click: updates the form so that it displays the element after the last element (i.e. it will be a blank name) unless the last element reaches the max size; if it has reached the max size, displays MsgBox saying “Database full”.
- Search: searches for a name via an InputBox and goes to the first exact match if it exists; displays MsgBox saying “No match found” if search field does not exist.
- Single Click: sorts the names in ascending order (A-Z)
Double Click: sorts the name in descending order (Z-A)
- Exit: closes the form and exits the program.
DO NOT MODIFY THE USER INTERFACE (IN DESIGN VIEW) NOR THE SUBROUTINE ContactDB_Load (IN CODE VIEW).
Evaluation (10 marks)
- 1 mark each for each feature implemented (8 marks)
- 2 marks for comments.